Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Very Tardy Simple Sunday

We have Turkey Spaghetti every single week. Rusty and I have found that it is very inexpensive, and very delicious. Often we will pair it with baked zucchini. Sometimes we will drizzle the sliced zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Lately we have really enjoyed slicing the zucchini, dipping it in egg whites and dredging the slices in Italian bread crumbs. Both recipe bake very well.

For the Turkey Spaghetti I will typically start out heating about 2 tsp of canola oil in a skillet. I will typically put a dash of seasoning in the oil before adding the turkey. Lately, we have been using a great Garlic and Wine seasoning from the Melting Pot. I am sure that it is full of salt, but it is delicious.



I had a really big afternoon snack before I cooked dinner. So this photo shows my smaller portion. I have set up the nutrition facts for my typical portion size, 1 cup of spaghetti noodles and ½ cup sauce.
Here are the facts:


Turkey Spaghetti
1 lb 97% fat free ground turkey
1 can Hunt’s pasta sauce
1 box whole wheat pasta
2 tsp Canola oil
Seasoning of choice

Boil 4-5 cups water in a medium pot. Add pasta and cook for ~10 minutes or until cooked to desired texture. Drain and set aside.

While the pasta is cooking, heat oil and seasoning in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and cook thoroughly. Drain meat and return to skillet. Add can of pasta sauce. Cook until heated through.

Serve warm sauce over bed of pasta. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment