Friday, September 10, 2010

Where The Magic Happens....No Really

There are so many topics that I wanted to cover today! Okay, so maybe they aren't really topics, as much as they are things that I would like to share with you as our readers. Right now my list includes telling my weight loss story, raving about Aggie football and posting some videos, or showing y'all where I make my goods :)


My kitchen pics won tonight simply because I don't have as much time to really write out my "this is my story" blog as I would like.

So here we go...

My husband and I have spent the past several years bouncing between apartments and cities during grad school. My main concern has always been the size of the kitchen. No matter how crummy the apartment may have been, I have always had a pretty decent sized kitchen. Having a larger kitchen certainly comes in handy after you are married. Once you get married, you typically accumulate lots of wonderful kitcheny gadgets that you love, but now you have to store. When we lived in apartments, I usually had one closet solely dedicated to those items. No matter how big the kitchen was, there was never quite enough space to hold all of my random gadgets or the china and crystal that I didn't really use in our temporary homes.

Here is a picture of not only part of my apartment kitchen in Irving, but of my favorite sous chef, Riley!



Our new kitchen has been quite an upgrade from apartment living. When we started searching for a home, I wanted one with a large open kitchen. I feel that so much socializing goes on in that area that I didn't want it to be blocked off from our living or dining room. Well I got my wish!

Here is the kitchen...


Lots of counter space that Laura and I have successfully trashed while doing our cooking experiments!

One of my favorite things about this space is that while I cook or do dishes (which most of y'all should know...I am allergic to doing dishes) I can watch TV. This is usually a wonderful thing, but now it is football season and that is all we get to watch :(

While my sister-in-law Sara Jo lived with us we did a little rearranging. Her room used to be our office, so I had to find a new place to put our desk. Rusty and I thought about selling it but I loved it so much I had to find a place. The place is now right next to the entertainment center. I used to blog there but I felt like a little kid who was told to sit in the corner :(

Now I find myself blogging at my dining table. I have a great view of the TV...which for the next few months I don't really care about, but at least I have a view of everything going on.

I hope you have enjoyed a little mini tour of my home and where I cook. Over the next few months, Laura and I will be taking a day our two to either discuss a topic, blog about our foodies experiences, or simply talk a little bit about what is going on in our lives. If there is anything you would like to know about, be it about us or a nutrition topic, shoot us an email or simply leave it in a comment and we will do our best to answer!

Have a Happy Friday, oh and by the way....follow us on Twitter! Our name is FoodyNotFatty and I typically tweet what I eat :) or just talk about some funny things going on in my world!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the tour. I also think the kitchen is the most important room in a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make sure I'm following you...I'm so bad about twitter, but I'm trying to learn! And I loved seeing where the magic happens! We just moved into our new apartment and we finally have a decent sized kitchen. I'm in heaven! Have a great weekend love...I'll look forward to hearing from you two next week!

    ReplyDelete